A Proud Father


My daughter Brylee is a smart, talented and beautiful girl. Who am I kidding...I'm her father so, yes, I am incredibly bias but that's ok with me. So I'm going to gloat for a minute.

I took Brylee to a piano competition last Saturday. I have heard her play the two songs she was to perform lots of times and she plays them very well! That Saturday, she was very nervous (I was too!). I think I held my breath through the first song! Anyway, the first song she performed was called, "Perpetual Motion" and that song is a very difficult song to play even for a practiced pianist, let alone a 10 year old cutie. She did have a few mistakes, but managed to play it very well, in my opinion. Then she played the second song called, "Malibu Mist". This song is much slower and not as difficult. Brylee aced this song and it sounded beautiful.

Well Brylee needed to score a 38 or higher to move on in the competition. She scored a 37. She was disappointed and I felt terrible for her, she did so well I thought!

Well her piano teacher called today and told us that after an additional review, the judges felt that Brylee should move on. She said that Brylee should have been given some leeway in the first song because of the difficulty. She then said that when Brylee played the second song, she did a phenomenal job and that she should play that song at the next stage in the piano playoff. Well Brylee was very excited to hear that she gets a second chance and we were very excited as well!

Well we are going on a mini vacation this week and her next performance is scheduled right in the middle of our vacation. But I told Brylee that I would be more than happy to take her to the performance if she really wanted to go. She said she did, so I will be leaving our family vacation so my daughter can wow the crowd at the piano playoff. And I'm happy to do it.

Needless to say, I'm probably like any other father, but I am so proud of Brylee. She has been accepted and excelled in the ALL(gifted/overachiever) program at school for 2 years now and wants to try again next year. She is extremely talented at piano and she has a good singing voice. She loves to swim and play sports, especially tennis (which I love!).

Ok, I'll stop now. Oh, did I already mention that I love her very, very much.

I love you Brylee and I am very proud of you.

2 comments:

Breakdown said...

Congrats to you and your daughter Bro! Good luck!

Emily ~ Lizzy said...

YAY !!! I"m a proud aunt as well :D hehe :D I heard from bylee myself - GO BRYLEE GO BRYLEE - she can smoke me anyday at signing or.... Piano haha