No AFL in 2009


It was reported recently that the Arena Football League has suspended the 2009 season.

I have been a fan of the Utah Blaze since it's inception in 2006. I have attended most of their home games and I have even attended a few road games including a road playoff game.

I have conducted interviews of players, coaches & management. I have attended every single fan fest/meeting that the Utah Blaze have offered. I even attended the funeral services of Justin Skaggs (prominent player for the Blaze) and donated money to his children and conversed with Justin's younger brother Dusty. I even won a KSL contest to actually physically practice with the team. (That was really fun & a bit humiliating)

So as a huge Utah Blaze fan I am saddened by the cancellation of the 2009 season. I am of course sad that I won't get to see any Arena Football next year, but I am very concerned that the AFL may not return at all. The owner of the Utah Blaze is one of the Garff's, you know from all those Car Dealerships?

Well I have strong doubts that the AFL and the Blaze will be able to sucessfully rebound from a lack of a '09 season.

I still have hopes, but I don't expect much, in fact I expect the end of the AFL. My heart goes out to those players & coaches that now longer have employment.

1 comment:

kris said...

I am sad too.... I really liked watching the games. I miss seeing your butt in spandex when you worked out with the Blaze.