Good TV & Bad TV


In the last few years I have turned from a avid movie goer to a TV guy. I will admit DVR had a lot to do with my conversion, but there have been some really good TV shows out there. Until lately. Here is a small list (in no particular order) of what I have set on my DVR currently:

>24
Plain & Simple, Best show on TV period. This is the kind of show that got me to actually buy the first 2 seasons on DVD for $50 bucks each. If you haven't watched it, call me & I'll let you borrow my DVD's. Jack Bauer is my hero, I even named my blog after one of his more used phrases.

>The Mentalist
Detective/Cop show, but the cool part is that he is a former Physic & mind reader that helps the police solves crimes. I am digging this show, it is well written.

>CSI
Not NY or Miami the Las Vegas one, the original. I have liked this show for a long time. I still like it, but this season is bittersweet because Grissom is leaving the show this season & Morpheus, is taking over. Mind you I like Morphous its just that he is no Grissom.

>The Office
Probably the best sitcom comedy out there right now. This show is very original and funny. Dwight is awesome!

>Root of all Evil
This is Lewis Black's show on Comedy Central. He is the Judge and he has two random comedians play laywers debating various topics. It makes me laugh!

>Fringe
This show is kinda like X-files but better. I am liking it so far, but I don't think our relationship will last. JJ is one of the creators & contributors of this show, so I think this show will eat itself sooner than later all because JJ is a black hole.

>Mythbusters
Incredibly entertaining & educational. My kids even love it!

>Phineas & Ferb
This is a cartoon on the Disney Channel, my daughter asked me to watch it with her one night and I did and I thought is was great. I even laughed out loud a couple times. You should really give this show a shot!

>Judge Judy
All around great show, it builds my self-esteem by seeing pathetic losers get verbally assaulted by a grandma with something few of us have...Common Sense.

>Gary Unmarried
New sitcom comedy with Jay Mohr. I like Jay Mohr so I like this show, it may wear me down, but I'm liking it for now.

>My own worst enemy
This is a new show and has been super-hyped, so I have been giving it a shot. Christan Slater is the main dude and it has a Fight Club feel to the show. Its not too bad, not great, but not bad.

>Transformers Animated
It's Transformers, duh!

>Lost
This show started good and has begun to suck since season 2. I even cancelled it from my DVR list. Thanks for screwing up another good show JJ.

2 comments:

Brylee Perry said...

Dad!!!So you do like Phineas and Ferb!! I thought you just watched it with me for fun intill I saw you watching it with grandma last night.
This is a funny video my friends sent me!!! enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzyT9-9lUyE

Unknown said...

Those are great shows. Keep it up!

air conditioning repair west palm beach